Friday, December 7, 2012

On Happy Endings and The After Story *spoilers included*

It has been years since I last watched Clannad: After Story. The last episode I saw was Episode 4. It just kind of got left behind as I found new things to spend my time to, such as love life and DoTA.

3 days ago, my Tactics Ogre save file got corrupted. With nothing better to do, I decided to watch it again. It has been sitting in my PSP for quite a while now. I didn't delete it knowing that time would come that I would be able to watch it again. And so it came.

I was able to finish it last night. Thoughts on the series? I love the series. I love the comedy, the drama, the characters, the artwork, even the meh parts. I love it. Did I say I love it?

Normally, I would not like it when happy endings are, sort of, forced. When characters need to die, they should die. Not like Game of Thrones sort of death, where almost every good character dies. But if the story needs it, then it should be a sad ending.

But this one made me appreciate the happy ending. I was telling myself halfway Episode 21 that this better be a happy ending. Why? I believe that Nagisa and Tomoya's love story is too beautiful to destroy. Same as the relationship that developed between Tomoya and his daughter, Ushio. It is really heartbreaking to see their lives end with such misery and sadness. So after all the hardships they've been through, I think they deserve to live happily ever after.

So yeah, I almost cried manly tears.

Starting Episode 16, every episode has it's heartbreaking and tearjerking moments that one has to endure. And one must endure. For after the hardships, tears and heartbreaks, one will achieve happiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment