Sunday, March 17, 2013

I am Satan, bitches! I will eat your soul tonight!


One of my Facebook friends posted this video and described it as "kinda scary". The title is a bit interesting "Beyonce, The Super Bowl, Sasha & Satan". With the "kinda scary" in mind, I immediately thought that it's one of those videos talking about celebrities worshiping Satan. It's not the first time it happened. Lady Gaga was once a trending topic in twitter-verse. So I decided to watch it and... I was not wrong.

At first, I thought it was a satire. I mean the narrator does not really sound like he's serious about it and is obvious that he's reading it from a script. But I looked at the description and the name of the uploader and I was like "okay, that explains a lot". And because this video is in YouTube, one does not simply watch a YouTube video without checking the comments section. It's freakin' hilarious. It's like they are all rejoicing that this "revelation" was made but at the same time it seems that their "victory" is so volatile that one small blasphemy would trigger them to panic. If you look at the comments, the ratio of rational people to blind bible freaks is probably 10:1. One critical comment would be bombarded by several other comments about Jesus, god and some verses from the Bible. If you're not in the mood for some lulz, then you will surely facepalm.

Now, let's see these so-called symbols that made Beyonce a "satanist". These symbols are originally not intended to be symbols of evil but as we all know, the Church smeared them in order to gain more followers and to "defeat" those who dare stand against them.

First, the Eye of Horus. The Eye of Horus or Udjat or Wedjat is oftentimes attributed to the All-Seeing Eye. The All-Seeing Eye is supposedly the eye of Lucifer and the symbol of the Illuminati. But, the Eye of Horus is an Egyptian symbol for power, health and protection. The All-Seeing Eye or the Eye of Providence on the other hand means that "god watches over mankind". So now they are saying that the ancient Egyptians are also worshipers of Satan. LMFAO!

Second, the Inverted Pentagram. The Inverted Pentagram is supposedly the symbol of Satan, with the two points representing the horns. It is also regarded as the symbol of Baphomet, a figure of Satanism. However, Baphomet is intended to be the symbol of divine perfection, a union of all the things that exists in the cosmos. And the Inverted Pentagram is a symbol of male and female, with the point on the bottom symbolizing the male penis and the two points up symbolizing the female vulva. The female symbol is at the top giving respect to women with their roles of being a mother.

Third, the Hindu Goddess, Kali and the Hindu Supreme God, Shiva. Supposedly, they represent death (Kali) and destruction (Shiva). Modern retelling of their story seemed to have confused them with the other gods, Agni and Rudra, giving them their ferocious and fierce persona. But they symbolize Mother Earth (Kali) and the Universe (Shiva). Oftentimes, they are depicted with Kali stepping on Shiva's body. It is said that it means nature is above everything for if there's no nature, the universe will not exist.

And lastly, the Gemini. The video obviously gave it their own meaning, with the Gemini supposedly symbolizing "full-blown demonic possession". Gemini is Latin for "twins". And as we all know, they are widely used in astrology, being the third sign. Not much can be said about the Gemini really, except they are for "full-blown demonic possession". LMFAO!

There are more hilarious content in the video such as Beyonce' costume, all these edited quotations from her and Jay-Z, Beyonce being possessed on stage by her alter ego Sasha Fierce and Beyonce "looking like a man". I'm sure the last one will make the internet community laugh. Beyonce's Super Bowl pics went viral in Facebook, Twitter and humor sites such as 9gag.

Regarding the video itself, I'm not really a fan of Beyonce. I know she can sing really well and she can dance really well but that's just it for me. The problem is these kind of people that made this video is not really doing public service. They are scaring people by spreading fallacious information like this. I mean, let's say that Beyonce is really a Satanist. Is Satan real in the first place? And they didn't even made any effort to contact Beyonce and clarify these things. What can she say about this? Is it true that she worships Satan? Really? Seriously?

The only real problem I have about her (Beyonce) and most of the mainstream female performers is their skimpy outfit and it's effect to teenagers and kids. Not that I'm complaining because I don't like them. Hey, I can have a few minutes of my life get spent just to see Katy Perry's boobs. Well, I guess it's a marketing strategy or showmanship. Buuuuuut.... it's an entirely different topic.

So yeah, we have other problems in the world yet we find the time to criticize Beyonce's "Baphomet-inspired outfit". We, as humans, always ask what is the purpose of life yet we waste our time worrying about trivial things such as this. Maybe there's no purpose. Maybe we just need to enjoy it, who knows. I enjoy my life. I am happy with my life. Are you?

I am Satan, bitches! I will eat your soul tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment